Jolly Good Workshops for Schools...helping to make learning fun!
Our visits are COVID SECURE. We follow the latest government guidelines and whatever measures are in place at individual schools. We have taken care to adapt our workshops to meet the current safety requirements.
Perfect addition to your school maths week. Have fun with magic maths. Inspiring, practical, hands on workshop.More Details
Exciting Key Stage 1 pirate day. Learn about pirates. Watch a very funny pirate show, make pirate puppets.More Details
Watch a fabulous puppet show, learn how to bring a puppet to life, plus every child makes their own puppet.More Details
Learn about the Ancient Romans. Fact packed, engaging, enjoyable workshop for Key Stage 2 children.More Details
Learn about seaside holidays in the past, history of the seaside, Victorian seaside, plus Punch and Judy.More Details
Traditional Tales presented in the form of puppetry. Stories from India, China, Eastern Europe, England.More Details
We offer a small selection of workshop days suitable for Primary Schools.
Some are for Key Stage 1 and others mainly for Key Stage 2.
We are can tailor content to particular needs if required.
Our aim is to help teachers by providing workshop experiences which excite and inspire children, stimulate their curiosity and imagination, enable them to express their creativity and engender a desire to want to learn more.
We want to help consolidate existing knowledge, add to this and introduce new skills and ideas.
Key learning points are in line with the National Curriculum.
- Provide facts and information.
- Are delivered in a fun and friendly way.
- Encourage interaction.
- Involve practical work.
- Are accessible to all ability levels.
- Are age appropriate.
- Well organized.
We hope that our visits help to make learning fun and that they really do excite and inspire children to want to learn more.
- Do you cover this area?
- We visit schools in the North of England, the Midlands and the South. There are many schools in the Birmingham and Greater London areas that we go back to year after year. We are based in Yorkshire and therefore travel expenses ( fuel, accommodation, food and travel time ) have to be taken into account for long journeys especially those requiring overnight stays.
- What do you charge for a workshop day?
- Prices vary. Please use the enquiry form to request a quotation. This is the best way to contact us initially. Alternatively our email address and telephone numbers are at the bottom of the page.
- Do you do half days?
- Not very often but some schools do book half days. The cost however is nearly the same as a full day because of travel expences and journey time.
- Are you DBS checked?
- Yes and we always carry our current certificate and photo id although most schools no longer ask for this. We do not work alone with children or allow children in our work area unless they are supervised by a member of staff.
- How do we make a booking?
- Request a quotation using the enquiry form. We will reply by email. If you then decide to make a booking reply by email. We will send you a contract and invoice. Sign and return one copy of the contract and pass the invoice to your school accounts manager. It is important to sign and return one copy of the contract to us so that we know that you do want us to come.
- How do we pay?
- Payment is by cheque on the day although some schools pay in advance. You can also pay by BACS.
- What time will you arrive at school?
- Normally 8 am in order to be unloaded, set up and ready to start by 9.15 am.
- What do we need us to provide?
- A parking space close to the entrance. Assistance unloading and bringing in equipment if the hall or classroom is not close to the parking space. You will receive an information sheet for the workshop you have booked telling you what else you need to provide. This is sent out with the contract and invoice.
- Is it okay to work on upper floors?
- Yes, providing there is a lift or the school provide staff to carry equipment up and down. We DO NOT carry equipment upstairs.
We have used Ron for a number of years and have always found him to be both flexible and reliable. The workshops are a fun and engaging way to enrich the curriculum.
Jolly Good Workshops for Schools have done workshops several times now in our school and have impressed me with their educational and entertaining shows.The children were talking about it for days afterwards and produced some lovely writing relating to the day. Would highly recommend.